Most intermediate painters struggle with color mixing. It’s not enough to simply reproduce what you see; your painting’s color structure must invite the viewer into your world. Alla prima painting rests on the idea of getting it right on the first strike. In this class we’re going to address the fundamentals of color and value, including:
- Simplifying value structures;
- Navigating color space with confidence;
- Creating an interesting composition using true darks and lights;
- Understanding how pigments work;
- Applying color with confident brushwork.
This class is for early-intermediate painters who have been introduced to the process of painting but haven’t completely mastered the design/application protocol. If you have questions, contact me.
- September 27
- October 11
- October 18
- November 1
- November 8
- November 15